Software Engineering Lead
Software Engineering Lead
At Volo, we’re on a mission to rebuild retail and deliver growth to brands, manufacturers and retailers. We’re capturing data from across the commerce ecosystem and using the latest in machine learning to generate intelligent retail recommendations – what to sell, where to sell it, how much of it you’ll need and the right price to sell it for.
Our company has received significant investment and our growth plans are exciting for anyone interested in the meeting points of cutting edge technology and retail.
Are you an innovative, creative and inspiring Software Leader looking for challenge in a market leading technology company? We are looking for someone who possesses strong expertise in building enterprise software applications with a clear passion for the technologies involved. The ability to push modern technologies to their limits is a must. You will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of Software Engineers that deliver high performing solutions used by leading international retailers. Great communication skills are essential to be able to take on requirements and work alongside the Product Owner and users to spear head simple, initiative solutions that deliver the business efficiencies. You will inspire high-performing teams to deliver positive experiences for our customers in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Most importantly, you will evangelise the Volo vision with employees and customers in a fun and creative environment. If coding world-class software products is something you eat, sleep, and dream – then you are ready to lead our software engineers.
- Inspiring, developing and supporting a team of Software Engineers.
- Deliver software that contributes towards Volos Product and Technology roadmap.
- Work closely with the Product Owner in your agile team to create products that continually improve Volos competitive advantage.
- Work closely with the Director of Delivery to continually improve the overall performance of your agile team.
- Work with the QA team to improve overall software quality and testing efficiency through test automation.
- Inspire your team through leading by example from a technical, delivery and values perspective.
- Continually improve and enforce development best practice in your agile team and across the department covering areas including but not limited to code quality, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Encourage a continuous improvement culture.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of mentoring, inspiring and leading Software Engineers
- Excellent Knowledge of OO paradigms & Enterprise design patterns
- Experience in java RESTful APIs both server side and client side
- Experience of API integrations using Java
- Experience and understanding of RDBMS preferably MySQL
- Experience and understanding of NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB)
- Experience in using dependency injection technologies (Spring, Guice and CDI)
- Good Understanding of Version control system (Git)
- Good Understanding of Java web servers (Tomcat)
- Experience in building high throughput, low latency applications.
- Experience of unit and integration testing.
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (Maven, Jenkins and Bamboo)
- Experience of working in agile environment.
- Experience of working with AWS (EC2, S3, API Gateway, Lambda)
- Good understanding of Ecommerce world such as Online market places, order processing, inventory management, stock control.
- Experience in TDD and BDD development.
- Experience of working with NoSQL Databases, Microservices and API Integration layers
- Experience of working with Front End technologies (React, HTML5)
Why work with us
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 25 days of annual holiday plus your birthday off as well
- An ever-changing growth environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your career
To apply, email email@example.com.