Front End Engineer
Front End Engineer
Front End Engineering Lead
At Volo, we’re on a mission to rebuild retail and deliver growth to brands, manufacturers and retailers. We’re capturing data from across the commerce ecosystem and using the latest in machine learning to generate intelligent retail recommendations – what to sell, where to sell it, how much of it you’ll need and the right price to sell it for.
Our company has received significant investment and our growth plans are exciting for anyone interested in the meeting points of cutting edge technology and retail.
- Research, conceive and develop web applications to extend and improve on Volo’s product offering
- Work closely with UX designers, product owners, project managers and software engineers to implement versatile front end user experience using latest technology trends and Volo best practices
- Work closely with UX designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Responsible for the creation of a world class front end strategy that embraces emerging standards whilst implementing and ensuring best practices and consistency on all deliverables
- Hands on front end design and development
- Work within a Scrum based Agile team on high profile projects
- Constant learning and innovation, you’ll be open to working with the latest technologies including highly scalable open source solutions
- Provide guidance on UX Design issues
- Input into processes and build workflow within Front-end Design
- Deliver new functionality through projects
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices. (Including smartphones and tablets)
- Delivery of solutions with minimal risk and repeatable process using automation
- Encouraging a continuous improvement culture
Key Skills and Experience
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files
- General knowledge of client server communication including development and consumption (REST, API’s, WebSockets)
- Knowledge of Automation Tools
- Have excellent in browser debugging skills allowing you to identify and fix issues efficiently
- Best practices and knowledge of application security
- Excellent optimistic problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of TDD and BDD
- Developing new user-facing features and building reusable code libraries for future use. Ensuring UI/UX designs are technically feasible
- Understanding Enterprise Design Patterns and how they can be used to generate frameworks, platforms, etc
- Experience of working in an Agile environment with ability to input best practices into the process.
- Understands how designs translate into reusable, flexible and scalable code; plus optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Experience as a Full stack Software Engineer
- Experience of implementing and enabling A/B testing and continuous delivery
- Experience with Docker containers would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Angular2
- An active interest in current/new technologies in order to offer alternative solutions and tools to enhance applications
- Passion for technology and selling online with experience in ecommerce
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their time and space performance.
- Experience with Java
- Experience working in Unix environment
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Selenium
- Knowledge of PHP, WordPress
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Google tag manager
Why work with us
- Competitive salary plus benefits
- 25 days of annual holiday plus your birthday off as well
- An ever-changing growth environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your career
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.