Volo brings together data and intelligence from all over
the commerce ecosystem, online & offline, and uses
AI to provide real-time actionable insights.
Data in, action out
It’s not about reporting. Data is the start, not the end.
We use intelligent machine learning algorithms to transform
massive quantities of data into actions that grow businesses.
We are Volo
At Volo, we’re on a mission to rebuild retail and deliver
growth to brands, manufacturers and retailers.
Analysis, news & advice
15 November 2018
Since its launch in 2010 Instagram has seen exponential growth, reaching over 800 million users across the globe. The platform has proven that it’s not just for sharing selfies, brunch photos and cute pictures of your cat - it's a powerful tool for driving business sales. 72% of Instagram users report making a purchase based on something that they saw while browsing the app – something that brands have taken notice of.
12 November 2018
Traditional retail might be struggling, but digital native brands are showing that there is still room to re-imagine the in-store experience. A growing number of online only retailers are opening physical stores – and there is a lot to be learned from their approach.
2 November 2018
- 88% of shoppers will visit a physical store over the Black Friday weekend, up 6% from 2017, but 68% plan to do most of their shopping online. (Natural Insight)
- On average, shoppers expect to spend $57 more on Black Friday itself than Cyber Monday (survey on blackfriday.com)
- 2017 saw a 17% increase in online sales, with 40% of those coming through mobile devices, an increase of 11% on 2016. (Adobe)
- Black Friday purchases are 50% more likely to be returned than purchases made outside of the 4-day weekend window. (LCP)
- Overall holiday spend is forecast to increase 4.1%, with major players Amazon, Walmart & Target expected to dominate in the US. (National Retail Federation)
- More than half of shoppers surveyed are beginning their Christmas shopping now that Halloween has ended. (GlobalData Retail)
Black Friday is growing across the week
Friday 23rd November 2018 will see the centrepiece of the Black Friday shopping weekend, though promotions, sales events and marketing will lead to a shopping peak beginning days earlier. This continues the trend of the past 4 years as retailers move to stake out days as their own prime promotional territory. Overall the shopping peak has been growing steadily in the UK, though Volo data last year showed a fall on the day itself year-on-year. This was more than offset by increased purchases before and afterwards.
Get in touch
Whether you want to find out more about us, our product or our job opportunities, we’re happy to talk.